Welcome to Champaign Central's College & Career Center Webpage!
The primary mission of Champaign Central High School’s College & Career Center is to provide a comprehensive resource center for all students and families, to offer college and career resources and to assist with post-high school planning in an atmosphere where EVERY student feels welcome.
The resources listed on this website are known providers of particular services. The providers on the list are from a variety of sources. The list is being provided as a courtesy, for information only, and the user should understand that no assurances or guarantees regarding the providers on the list are being made by providing this list. Champaign Central High School does not endorse, approve, or recommend any specific provider listed on this website. This list is not inclusive of all community agencies, services, or organizations that provide the particular service, and the omission of an agency, service or organization for this list does not imply disapproval. It is the responsibility of the user of this list to determine whether any of the content is of value to them and whether or not the agency, service, or organization meets their specific needs.
Principal Scholars Program: PSP began in 1975 as a cooperative effort between the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, school personnel, students, and parents. Through PSP sponsored activities, students develop an interest in math, science, and communications, learn critical thinking/analytical thinking skills and gain self-esteem/academic confidence. For the past 46 years, PSP has provided hands on interactive and skill specific courses, personal development workshops, tutoring, college tours and academic competitions to students across the State of Illinois. Our number #1 goal is to have all our students be well-prepared to go to college.
During the 2021-2022 Academic School year, the Principal’s Scholars Program is committed to provide the following FREE resources to students, parents, teachers, and school personnel in our targeted areas (East St. Louis, Springfield, Decatur, Danville, Champaign-Urbana, Rantoul, and Chicago):
1. Create PSP Academic Support Centers that will offer tutoring in math, science, reading, writing and homework assistance to all middle school and high school students on an as-needed-basis. This tutoring can be available to students before school and/or after school. Teachers selected will be chosen by the individual school; teachers will be put on the University of Illinois payroll and paid at the district rate.
2. Provide opportunities for the exploration of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) content and skills through virtual conferences and workshops.
3. Provide Family Engagement and Support through opportunities for learning, growth and development while also empowering families to be powerful advocates for their children in lifelong learning and success (i.e., Technology Tools Workshops, Mental Health Workshops - understanding anxiety, stress, and depression).
4. Provide teachers and school personnel with professional development opportunities for the purpose of increasing student achievement (i.e., conferences, workshops, guest speakers/facilitators).
5. Provide learning intervention and enrichment programs during the summer of 2022 (i.e., College Application Workshop, College Essay Clinic, SAT Test Prep Workshop, Pre-Algebra/Algebra Workshop, Science Workshop, College Writing Workshop, Entrepreneurship Workshop and College/Career Readiness Workshop).
PSP is also available to help your seniors….
College Application Assistance Clinic PSP is offering a College Application Assistance Clinic for seniors. The clinic will consist of time dedicated to complete college/scholarship applications, essay reviews, and time to ask questions. Additional clinic information is attached and ready to send to students. Please share this information with your seniors. This clinic is one of the most attended and beneficial.