The financial aid/scholarships page will serve both parents/guardians and students as a resource to scholarship opportunities, deadlines, web sites and much.
Also, scholarships will be posted on the student's Naviance/Family Connection account (currently, both Juniors & Seniors only have access to Naviance). You can also visit the "colleges" tab in Naviance and find information about scholarships at the bottom of the page.
This page will be updated on a daily basis. Please see either your school counselor Mr. Tanner in the College & Career Center for more information.
October 1st is the first day that families can start the FAFSA Application! Families will use there 2015 Tax Return to complete the FAFSA.
List of Scholarships Currently Available to Students on Naviance/Family Connection:
- 2019 Prudential Spirit of Community Awards
- B. Davis Scholarship
- "Change the World"
- Champaign-Urbana Optimist Club Essay Contest
- Dr. Martin Luther King, "Living the Dream" Scholarship
- Future Flyer Pitch
- Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois
- Government Leadership Program Opportunity
- Illinois Heartland Decorative Artists Scholarship
- John M. Belk Scholarships (Davidson College)
- Priority Deadline Scholarships for UIUC
- Spring Scholarship Opportunities, Parkland College
- Sustainable Development Challenge, Seton Hall University
- Temple Hoyne Buell Memorial Scholarship
- "We the Students Essay Contest"
Honors Day Scholarships (For Senior Students ONLY)
- None at this time for the Spring of 2019
Updated on: 10/19/2018
Source: Fastweb.com; High School Educators Quick Reference 2016-2017 Handout
Scholarship Scam Warning Signs:
- You have to pay a fee
- Money-back offers or guarantees
- Credit card or bank account information required
- Provides "exclusive" information
Financial Aid Websites:
The College Board - Big Future
College Planning Made Easy
Expected Family Contribution Estimator:
Fastweb College Gold:
Federal Student Aid for Students (Disponible en Español):
Financial Aid Calculators:
Guide to Federal Student Aid (Disponible en Español):
ISAC (Illinois Student Assistance Commission) Student Portal Toolbox
U.S. Department of Education - College Affordability and Transparency Center
Federal Student Aid Resources for Students and Parents (Available in both English and Espanol):
- College Preparation Checklist (How to get ready academically and financially): studentaid.ed.gov/sa/prepare-for-college/checklists
- Federal Student Aid at a Glance (Basic overview of aid and application process): studentaid.ed.gov/sa/resources#glance
- Do You Need Money for College:The Guide to Federal Student Aid (Overview of the financial aid process with links to resources): studentaid.ed.gov/sa/resources#need-money
- Federal Student Loans, Series (Federal loan booklets for students and parents): studentaid.ed.gov/sa/resources#loans
- PDF FAFSA (Free Application for federal student aid): fafsa.gov/
- Federal Student Aid:
- Financial Aid Toolkit:
- Video: Types of Federal Student Aid (2-minute video introducing concept of grants, loans, work-study): studentaid.ed.gov/sa/resources#types-aid-video
- Video: How to Fill Out the FAFSA: (2:45-minute video providing overview of FAFSA process): studentaid.ed.gov/sa/resources#how-fill-out-fafsa-video
- Video: Responsible Borrowing (20minute video reminding borrowers to borrow only what they need): studentaid.ed.gov/sa/resources#responsible-borrowing-video
- Infographic: The FAFSA Process (Graphic showing the path a student takes to apply for aid): studentaid.ed.gov/sa/resources#fafsa-process-graphic
- Infographic: Determining Dependency Status (Graphic showing dependency status questions): studentaid.ed.gov/sa/resources#dependency-status-graphic
- To view the full selection of publications both students and parents can order from: edpubs.gov/
- More resources are at: studentaid.ed.gov/sa/resources
Source: Champaign Central H.S. received a mailing from the FederalStudentAid office of the U.S. Department of Education.
Updated On: 5/21/2018